We love when customers want to give the gift of Instacart to a friend or family member! You can give a gift card to anyone who has access to Instacart services in their area. Once you’ve established that your recipient has access to Instacart services, it’s easy to purchase a gift card from your account on a computer. If your recipient doesn’t already have an Instacart account, they’ll need to create one using the email address you use for the gift card. They can then redeem the gift card from their account.
Purchasing a gift card
Gift cards are easy to purchase and send directly from your account on our website.
- Visit the service area page and enter your recipient’s zip code to make sure we deliver to their area
- Select Account > Gift cards
- In the Amount section, select the amount for the gift card
- Select the payment method
- Enter the email address of the recipient in the To field
- You can personalize your card with a message
- Click Purchase when you’re ready to buy the gift card
Your recipient will receive an email with instructions on how to use their Instacart gift card.
Redeeming a gift card
You can apply a gift card to your account via a computer.
- Log into your Instacart account or create one if you don’t have one yet
- Click the link in the email we sent you
- You’re done! Your gift card will be automatically applied to your Instacart account
*Note: Once a gift card is applied to your account, the available credit will automatically be applied to your next order.
View your balance–
- Log in and click Account
- Select Your Account
- In the left hand menu, click Promo Codes
- Your available card balance will be listed as an Account Credit
If you didn’t receive an Instacart gift card that was sent to you–
- Check your email’s Junk or Spam folders
- Confirm your email address with the sender
If the gift card went to an email address that isn’t associated with your Instacart account, the person who purchased the gift card will need to contact Instacart Care to have the card re-sent to your correct email address.
Instacart Gift Cards are issued by Maplebear Inc. dba Instacart. The Gift Card is non-expiring and no fees related to its use are imposed. Use of the gift card is subject to the Terms of Service of Instacart and cannot be used to purchase alcohol products, used to purchase other gift cards, or applied towards taxes, fees, and/or tips. Gift Card valid only in the country of purchase and can only be used with one Instacart account. Gift Card may not be sold, copied, modified, or transferred, reloaded, or redeemed for cash, except to the extent required by law. Instacart reserves the right to void Gift Cards (including as a component of your Gift Card balance), close customer accounts, and bill alternative forms of payment if Instacart suspects that a Gift Card is obtained, used, or applied to an Instacart account fraudulently, unlawfully, or otherwise in violation of these terms and Instacart's Terms of Service. Instacart is not a retailer or seller. Instacart may not be available in all zip codes. Gift Card balance may be checked in the Instacart account it is used with or via Instacart Care.